The Bird Quilt is complete. Here is a photo of it:
I'm quite pleased though there are a couple of issues. I'm not going to say what they are, or even think about them though as Comparison is the Thief of Joy. It's the best Bird Quilt I have even made!
I decided to bind it with the same fabric as the back.
And I added a label when I was finished.
I will be changing how I do the labels though. I looked at a few places to check how it was done (freezer paper template) but even with the lace around it looks a bit dull. So I am going to try a more patchworky way. Maybe add a few strips or some hexagons. I have to add a label the the charm suare quilt I made so will see what I can come up with.
Just as a note about hand quilting though; I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped (I usually enjoy hand sewing very much) but maybe it was the size of the project. I wanted to record the needles I used, after much swapping about and trying different ones, were Sharps size 10. They were the best length for me (I hated those tiny little between types) and were just the right amount of bendy to manipulate in the fabric.