I then added a border of the blue/grey flower fabric. Same one I used for cornerstones. It was then time to make the quilt sandwich. I struggle with this as it's tricksy getting the layers to stay flat and not bunch up. This is not a huge quilt though so managed sort of to my satisfaction. I taped the backing fabric to the table which helped though next time I will pull it tighter. I've also bought some large clips to try.
I ironed it again and then moved some of the pins to get the backing even more flat. I started the quilting part by 'stitching in the ditch' down and across all the panels. I like to start and fasten off by setting the stitch length to 0 then sew a few stitches in the same place. I also leave a tail of thread and, at the end, go through and put a knot in it and pull through wadding layer.