So this is the fabric though it needs a bit of an iron here.
I hemmed the bottom of each curtain.
It was after I did the hemming that I realised I hadn't bought enough fabric so I found some lace and cotton fabric to add a piece in. I cut the curtains about 1/3 from the bottom and inserted the lacy bit. I tried, and was successful, doing a flat fell seam for the first time.
I did this at both ends of the lacey piece. This made the curtains the right length. I added curtain tape and then got Peter and Hans to put them up for me.
And here they are:
I love that last photo particularly as it shows my lovely sewing table. I could happily sit there all day.