Tuesday 19 May 2015

Craft: Sewing: Blue Curtains

These were a quick project, well compared the quilts they were. I bought the fabric from Textiles Francais  (be warned, do NOT press to go to that link if you have a fabric addiction!). It is called Toile de Jouy Fabric | Aimee and is glorious though I made a bit of a mistake and didn't order enough so had to insert a length of cream cotton and lace to lengthen it, which will you will see in the photos.


So this is the fabric though it needs a bit of an iron here.


I hemmed the bottom of each curtain.



 
 
It was after I did the hemming that I realised I hadn't bought enough fabric so I found some lace and cotton fabric to add a piece in. I cut the curtains about 1/3 from the bottom and inserted the lacy bit. I tried, and was successful, doing a flat fell seam for the first time.
 



 
 
I did this at both ends of the lacey piece. This made the curtains the right length. I added curtain tape and then got Peter and Hans to put them up for me.
 
And here they are:
 

 
 
I love that last photo particularly as it shows my lovely sewing table. I could happily sit there all day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment